Oracle ODA suggestions.
Michael McMullen
2021-03-19 15:50:41 UTC
I"ve worked on six different ODA systems/versions and 6 exadatas. I'll take an exadata for patching/maintenance over an ODA any day of the week.
Performance is great, administration is tedious. Everything needs to be done via the api. You don't use things such as dbca. There is a derby database that keeps track of all the oda metadata. If you get one, lock it down to the cowboys in the organization. You need to rule it with an iron fist because if the metadata doesn't match what's been done on the system it is tough.
If your org requires you to add extra rpm's for security etc, then have a system in place to remove and reinstall with every ODA patch.
Get two ODA's because you need one to test the patches on. Even then, with identical ODA's I've had different issues on each one during patching.
MOSC ODA is a great resource. I've dm'd the mod on that list with my SR# and they have personally led oracle support to the resolution.